Business Communication is communication used to promote a product, service, or organization; relay information within the business; or deal with legal and similar issues.
Business Communication encompasses a variety of topics, including Marketing, Branding, Customer relations, Consumer behaviour, Advertising, Public relations, Media relations, Corporate communication, Community engagement, Research & Measurement, Reputation management, Interpersonal communication, Employee engagement, Online communication, and Event management.
Business Communication is a common topic included in the curricula of the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program of many universities.
There are several methods of business communication, including:
- Web based communication - for better and improved communication, anytime anywhere ...
- e-mails, which provide an instantaneous medium of written communication worldwide;
- telephoned meetings, which allow for long distance oral communication;
- forum boards, which allow people to instantly post information at a centralized location; and
- face to face meetings, which are personal and should be succeeded by a written followup.